Socket Head (A2 Stainless)
A Din 912 partly threaded socket cap head screw comes in an A2 stainless steel finish. The stainless finishes adds to the usage and versatility of the socket cap. The size ranges in stainless are typically smaller than self colour finishes. This is due to market demand. The stainless finish is utilised in costal, heat, chemical, corrosive or pressurised environments. Stainless steel is also used where there is a requirement for an aesthetically finished product. The socket cap can is used in very specific engineering finished where the precise length is required internally within a specific assembly such as engines or gearboxes.
- The Din 912 in stainless steel is typically supplied as a grade 8.8. This is not exactly precise as the product undergoes strength changes due to the use of a non ferrous metal. The product is considered a grade BS 5. The certification is slightly different than the ferrous grade certification.
- The stainless product has a slightly burnished look which separates it from zinc.
The A2 stainless steel is a 304 / 188 product. The product is stainless steel however the product can suffer from some staining in very harsh environments. This normally does not effect the application. The staining can be a result of the stainless fitting being accompanied with a ferrous or zinc finish nut or washer or from the item being fixed together.
- Unusually an UNC or UNF thread types are available in stainless. These threads are supplied as a non standard product. They are also sourced specifically for the customers or specific applications.
- The partial thread allows the socket cap to be centrally located into a fixing application. Care and attention needs to be insured when fitting to ensure that the set is threaded and not cross threaded which will effect fitting, fixing and removal performance.
- The socket head allows for smooth fitting even using standardised tools. The socket head also allows for precise torqueing values
The socket head also allows for engineering and standard washers to accompany the fitting ensuring torqueing precision and load displacement
- All socket cap products supplied by The Bolt Company are considered an industrial fastener, suitable for manufacturing and therefor conform to the recognised CE and EN standards. Based on this TBC do not supply 4.6 grade socket cap in any finish type as they are not considered an industrial fastener
Socket Head (A2 Stainless)
Din 912 | Tarricode 73181595
|The Bolt Company
|Hexagon Socket Head Cap Screw
|Socket Cap Screw
|Din 912 – EN ISO 4762 – BS 4168
|CSN 021143; PN 82302; UNI 5931
|CE Standard (Tested to EN)
|EN ISO 4762
|QTY per box 200,100,50,25,10,5,2 – Depending on diameter and product length
|Diameter range from 3,4,5,6,8,10,12,14,16,18,20,22,24,27,30,36 MM
|Product Diameter (MM)
|Diameter range from 3,4,5,6,8,10,12,14,16,MM
|Strength grade ranges from BS 5-8
|A2 Stainless steel
|Stainless / Silver
|Fitting Method ( Tool )
|Allen Socket Set, Allen Drive
|Fitting Tool Head Size
|Depending on socket diameter
|All the information provided on this website is provided on an “as is” and “as commonly used in production” basis and you agree that you use such information entirely at your own risk. This website gives no warranty and accepts no responsibility or liability for the accuracy or completeness of the information and materials contained in this website. Under no circumstances will the website be held responsible or liable in any way for any claims, damages, losses, expenses, costs or liabilities whatsoever (including, without limitation, any direct or indirect damages for loss of profits, business interruption or loss of information) resulting or arising directly or indirectly from your use of or inability to use this website.