Socket Head (Zinc Plated)
A Din 912 hexagon socket head cap screw is a frequently used industrial bolt used in manufacturing, assembly and maintenance. The socket cap comes in a large range of sizes, finished and strength grades. The rounded socket head allows for ease of fitting in awkward or specifically mechanical pieces such as engines and larger machinery assembles. The 8.8 grade is offered in a zinc plated. The use of the 8.8 is usually used where aesthetics of a finished product is an important concept for customer. The socket cap can is used in very specific engineering finished where the precise length is required internally within a specific assembly such as engines or gearboxes.
- The socket cap may come in full or partial thread depending on the size or manufacturer. The partial thread allows the socket cap find its centre point more easily when fitting. Care and attention needs to be insured when fitting to ensure that the set is threaded and not cross threaded which will effect fitting, fixing and the removal performance.
- The Din 912 socket cap supplied by TBC is partly threaded. The product can be sourced in fully threaded however the standard offering is partly threaded.
- The 8.8 grade is not the most common grade although it is considered standard. Sourcing of the 8.8 zinc is straight forward but may take a few days.
- The socket head allows for smooth fitting even using standardised tools. The socket head also allows for precise torqueing values
- The socket head also allows for engineering and standard washers to accompany the fitting ensuring torqueing precision and load-displacement
- All socket cap products supplied by The Bolt Company are considered an industrial fastener, suitable for manufacturing and therefor conform to the recognised CE and EN standards. Based on this TBC do not supply 4.6 grade socket cap in any finish type as they are not considered an industrial fastener
Socket Head (Zinc Plated)
Din 912 | Tarricode 73181595
|Brand||The Bolt Company|
|Product Type||Hexagon Socket Head Cap Screw|
|Description||Socket Cap Screw (Partially Threaded )|
|Relevant Code||Din 912 – EN ISO 4762 – BS 4168|
|Additional Code||CSN 021143; PN 82302; UNI 5931|
|CE Standard (Tested to EN)||EN ISO 4762|
|Package Quantity||QTY per box 200,100,50,25,10,5,2 -Depending on diameter and product length|
|Product Diameter (MM)||Diameter range from 4,5,6,8,10,12,14,16,20,24 MM|
|Product Grade||Grade 8.8 Note (4.6 grade is not available)|
|Material Finish||Zinc Plated|
|Fitting Method ( Tool )||Allen Socket Set, Allen Drive|
|Fitting Tool Head Size||Depending on socket diameter|
||All the information provided on this website is provided on an “as is” and “as commonly used in production” basis and you agree that you use such information entirely at your own risk. This website gives no warranty and accepts no responsibility or liability for the accuracy or completeness of the information and materials contained in this website. Under no circumstances will the website be held responsible or liable in any way for any claims, damages, losses, expenses, costs or liabilities whatsoever (including, without limitation, any direct or indirect damages for loss of profits, business interruption or loss of information) resulting or arising directly or indirectly from your use of or inability to use this website.|