Socket Head (Self-colour)
A Din 912 hexagon socket head cap screw is a frequently used industrial bolt used in manufacturing, assembly and maintenance. The socket cap comes in a large range of sizes, finished and strength grades. The rounded socket head allows for ease of fitting in awkward or specifically mechanical pieces such as engines and larger machinery assembles. The most common grade is a 12.9 grade self colour. The 12.9 grade which typically has a shank ensures a high wearing, high strength fastener. The socket cap can is used in very specific engineering finished where the precise length is required internally within a specific assembly such as engines or gearboxes.
- The self colour offering is typically a 12.9 grade product. The 12.9 grade is considered standard although a high strength solution. The 12.9 grade offers a high wearing product where clamping forces as well as harsh environments such as quarrying are necessary.
- The self colour normally has a light coating of oil to prevent discolouring before use. This is purely an aesthetic application.
- The 12.9 grade has a standard industry pitch inline with corresponding washers, nuts and locknuts.
The Din 912 socket cap supplied by TBC is partly threaded. The product can be sourced in fully threaded however the standard offering is partly threaded.
- A din 127 split spring washer which a narrow diameter similar to the outside diameter of the Din 912 can be used to reduce the likelihood of loosening or slackening
The socket head allows for smooth fitting even using standardised tools. The socket head also allows for precise torqueing values
The socket head also allows for engineering and standard washers to accompany the fitting ensuring torqueing precision and load displacement
- All socket cap products supplied by The Bolt Company are considered an industrial fastener, suitable for manufacturing and therefor conform to the recognised CE and EN standards. Based on this TBC do not supply 4.6 grade socket cap in any finish type as they are not considered an industrial fastener
Socket Head (Self-colour)
Din 912 | Tarricode 73181595
|Brand||The Bolt Company|
|Product Type||Hexagon Socket Head Cap Screw|
|Description||Socket Cap Screw|
|Relevant Code||Din 912 – EN ISO 4762 – BS 4168|
|Additional Code||CSN 021143; PN 82302; UNI 5931|
|CE Standard (Tested to EN)||EN ISO 4762|
|Package Quantity||QTY per box 200,100,50,25,10,5,2 -Depending on diameter and product length|
|Diameter range from 3,4,5,6,8,10,12,14,16,18,20,22,24,27,30,36 MM|
|Product Diameter (MM)||Diameter range from 4,5,6,8,10,12,14,16,20,24 MM|
|Product Grade||Strength grade ranges from 12.9,|
|Material Finish||Self Colour|
|Fitting Method ( Tool )||Allen Socket Set, Allen Drive|
|Fitting Tool Head Size||Depending on socket diameter|
||All the information provided on this website is provided on an “as is” and “as commonly used in production” basis and you agree that you use such information entirely at your own risk. This website gives no warranty and accepts no responsibility or liability for the accuracy or the completeness of the information and materials contained in this website. Under no circumstances will the website be held responsible or liable in any way for any claims, damages, losses, expenses, costs or liabilities whatsoever (including, without limitation, any direct or indirect damages for loss of profits, business interruption or loss of information) resulting or arising directly or indirectly from your use of or inability to use this website.|