A2 Stainless Hexagon Set
A Din 933 fully threaded hexagon head set comes in a range of finishes including two types of stainless steel finishes. A set is normally used over a bolt where the length of the application is less predictable. The use of a set is seen as preferable where there are differences in assembly lengths or for maintenance related tasks. The stainless finishes adds to the usage and versatility of the set. The size ranges in stainless are typically smaller than zinc finishes. This is due to market demand. The stainless finish is utilised in costal, chemical, corrosive or pressurised environments. Stainless steel may give a more aesthetically finished look over zinc.
- The Din 933 in stainless steel is typically supplied as a grade 8.8. This is not exactly precise as the product undergoes strength changes due to the use of a non-ferrous metal. The product is considered a grade BS 8. The certification is slightly different than the ferrous grade certification.
- The stainless product has a slightly burnished look which separates it from zinc. There is no difference between the A2 and A4 stainless from a visual point of view.
- The A2 stainless steel is a 304 / 188 product. The product is stainless steel however the product can suffer from some staining in very harsh environments. This normally does not effect the application. The staining can be a result of the stainless fitting being accompanied with a ferrous or zinc finish nut or washer or from the item being fixed together.
- The A4 is a stainless 316 product. The A4 has a higher nickel / molybdenum content which resists discolouring and corrosion in aggressive chemical and costal applications. Any staining will be a result of the application or accompanying accessories.
- Metric fine, UNC, UNF thread types are readily available in stainless. These threads are supplied standard as an A2 product. They are also sourced specifically for the customers or specific applications.
- The full thread allows the set to be threaded fully into an application. The addition of a full thread allows for precise fitting. Care and attention needs to be insured when fitting to ensure that the set is threaded and not cross threaded which will effect fitting, fixing and removal performance.
- The hex head allows for smooth fitting even using standardised tools.
The hex head also allows for the use of washers to accompany the fitting ensuring torqueing precision and load displacement
- All stainless hex sets supplied by The Bolt Company are considered an industrial fastener, suitable for manufacturing and therefore conform to the recognised CE, BS and EN standards.
Din 933 A2 Stainless Hexagon Set
|Brand||The Bolt Company|
|Product Type||Hexagon Head Set|
|Description||Hexagon Set Fully Threaded|
|Relevant Code||Din 933 – EN ISO 4017 – BS 3692|
|Additional Code||CSN 021103; PN 82105; UNI 5739; EU 24017|
|CE Standard (Tested to EN)||EN ISO 4017|
|Package Quantity||QTY per box 200,100,50,25,10,5,2- Depending on diameter and product length|
|UNC – UNF From 1′ Inch to 21/2′ Inch|
|Product Diameter (MM)||Diameter range from 4,5,6,8,10,12,14,16,18,20,22,24,|
|UNC – UNF 1/4′ to 1′ Inch Diameter|
|Product Grade||Strength grade ranges from (BS 5,8)|
|Thread Type||Metric, Metric Fine, UNC, UNF|
|Material Finish||Stainless Steel A2 and A4|
|Colour||Stainless Steel Colour|
|Fitting Method ( Tool )||Socket Set, Spanner, Adjustable Wrench|
||All the information provided on this website is provided on an “as is” and “as commonly used in production” basis and you agree that you use such information entirely at your own risk. This website gives no warranty and accepts no responsibility or liability for the accuracy or the completeness of the information and materials contained in this website. Under no circumstances will the website be held responsible or liable in any way for any claims, damages, losses, expenses, costs or liabilities whatsoever (including, without limitation, any direct or indirect damages for loss of profits, business interruption or loss of information) resulting or arising directly or indirectly from your use of or inability to use this website.|